Reviewed by Gregory Keer
I’m joining the Top Ten fray with my annual list of the Best Children’s Music albums of the year. For 2013, the entries had to be released between Nov. 1, 2012 through Sept. 30, 2013. The links below go to the FMR review or directly to the artist Web page if there is no applicable review. Some reviews are in the QuickPicks, so read through for the appropriate title.
- Justin Roberts – Recess
- Heidi Swedberg – My Cup of Tea
- Shine and the Moonbeams – Shine Your Shine
- Frances England – Blink of An Eye
- Dan Zanes & Elizabeth Mitchell – Turn Turn Turn
- Alastair Moock – Singing Our Way Through
- Lucky Diaz y La Familia Musica – !Fantastico!
- Paul Spring – Home of Song
- Lori Henriques – The World is a Curious Place to Live
- Recess Monkey – Deep Sea Diver
Honorable Mentions: Dean Jones – When the World Was New, Joanie Leeds – Bandwagon, Ratboy Jr. – Champions of the Universe, Milkshake – Got a Minute?, The Not-Its, KidQuake!, Francie Kelley – Where Do You Want to Go Today?, Julianna Bright – Cat Doorman Songbook, Caspar Babypants – Baby Beatles, Lloyd H. Miller – S.S. Brooklyn, Trout Fishing in America – Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, Key Wilde & Mr. Clark – Pleased to Meet You, Bill Harley & Keith Munslow – It’s Not Fair to Me, Bob McGrath – Bob’s Favorite Sing Along Songs